Thursday, December 30, 2010

Antonio McKee: I Should Have UFC Belt by End of 2011

Filed under:

Antonio McKee has a plan. It's simple, really.

"By the end of the year I should have the UFC [lightweight] belt," he told MMA Fighting. "I've got to get through [Jacob] Volkmann here, beat up Volkmann real quick, and after I get done with Volkmann they'll think I'm serious and we can start moving forward and making progress."

See? Nothing to it. After 11 years as a pro fighter, the 40-year-old McKee is set to make his Octagon debut at UFC 125 this Saturday, so of course he already has his future mapped out.

But does he really think becoming a UFC champion is going to be that easy? Seriously?

"Oh yeah, come on, man. I've got a four-fight deal, so I'd say that sounds about right. Randy [Couture] won the belt when he was about 44, right? I'll be 41 by the end of the year, and I think McKee is made of a little better stuff than Randy, so I should have it by then."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/30/antonio-mckee-i-should-have-the-ufc-belt-by-the-end-of-2011/

Ryan Gracie Peter Graham Forrest Griffin Tyson Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment