Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Schaub's respect comes in a can of whup ass

I hate PDAs in MMA. The only high fives and hugs I want to see during a UFC event are during Bud Light commercials where everyone is soooooo excited about drinking beer-colored water. So it's with great pleasure that I hear Brendan Schaub say he's not interested in respecting Crocop with anything other than his fists:

?I respect the guy just as much as those guys do if not more. It was the same with Gonazaga. I respect these guys so much that I give them the best fight I can on the night. That?s my way of showing respect to these guys - I go in there and try and take their heads off. I put the pressure on them.

And his prediction for the fight with CroCop?

?There?s going to be no high-fiving. There?s going to be no hugging. I can tell you that.?

You can tell that's a shot at Pat Barry, and I feel a little bit bad that he's became the posterboy for being too lovey dovey during a fight. But that's what happens when you follow up a near destruction of Mirko Crocop with three hugs, a few fistbumps, and a submission loss. The guy broke his foot and hand - something that would make lesser men quit - and I guess being extra nice seemed like a legitimate gameplan at that point.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fightlinker/~3/sSkE--4P3NI/schaubs-respect-comes-in-a-can-of-whup-ass

Zhang Tiequan Igor Zinoviev Kristaps Zile UFC

No comments:

Post a Comment