Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Incredible Expanding UFC 126 Post

Guess who gets credit for the front kick that knocked out Vitor Belfort:

"Steven Seagal helped me perfect that kick. That was a kick we were working on before I stepped in," Silva said through a translator at the post-fight press conference. "This was a kick that I trained a lot."

It'll be a good weekend for rapists in sports if the Steelers win tomorrow!

Paul Kelly apparently told Donald Cerrone "if you ever wanna be a man and stand and fight me, let me know." Big words for a trick ass bitch who tries to sucker punch people when they touch gloves.

Cagewriter also has a few pictures up from each of the fights. The hair from Torres / Banuelos was good bad even though the fight was bad bad. And here's Miguel explaining why he's suddenly boring:

?I did what my coaches told me to do,? said Torres, who was trained by the highly regarded Firas Zahabi for the bout. ?I stuck to my game plan. I wanted to use my range and land my shots. I have to be a smart fighter. I try to be as exciting as possible, but I spend too much time in my life on fighting to be reckless. I have a family and an academy to think of, as well."

The UFC had someone cageside snapping photos all night and they're pumping pictures onto their Facebook page. Above: Vitor Belfort looking super confident. Below (via the UFC twitpic account): Yushin Okami smiling, because this was before the press conference where Dana said Anderson vs GSP is next and 'the Yushin part of the equation hasn't been figured out yet.'

75k awards go to...

  • Fight of the night: Donald Cerrone vs Paul Kelly
  • Submission of the night: Jon Jones
  • Knockout of the night: Anderson Silva

ZombieProphet sets a new world record for fastest giffage of an event.

The biggest news we can start this post off with is the crazy shit that came after Jon Jones tooled Ryan Bader like it was no big thang: Jon Jones is gonna fight Shogun Rua for the title at UFC 128 in March. Yep, instead of having to wait something like a year and a half, we now only have to wait a MONTH and a half! All this is courtesy of Rashad Evans' knee, which went snap crackle pop in training. The Gods of MMA surely struck him down for being a pussy and waiting on Rua to recover.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fightlinker/~3/K-V0z5c4e2g/the-incredible-expanding-ufc-126-post

Nick Serra Adrian Serrano Frank Shamrock Ken Shamrock

No comments:

Post a Comment