Friday, April 29, 2011

Junior Dos Santos is an attention whore?

I just recently caught up on this season of TUF. What can I say, Dana is totally right when he says the 9pm timeslot is why no one is watching. Or maybe it's because it's become a carousel of Who Gives a Shit topped with some of the worst fights ever televised. Seriously, when the possibility of a third round leaves you going "Oh Baby Jesus no!", there's a problem. But hey, at least there's a teensy tiny bit of drama now.

With Brock Lesnar seemingly set on limiting his show participation to screaming 'CHICKENSHIT CHICKENSHIT CHICKENSHIT!', we're stuck clinging to a feud that's developed between Junior Dos Santos and his wrestling coach Lew Polley. On the show, Junior occasionally had to rein in Lew, who was getting a bit aggro with the wurrior fight rhetoric. Kinda like he gets a bit crazy here:

"On this recent episode you'll get to see Junior's true nature come out, when he starts getting hungry for the camera. He starts pushing things out of the way and putting me in the crossfire. He would always ask me to help, always ask me to lead his session, always ask me to do this, do that, and I would do it because he asked me. Then he gets upset because the guys start to warm up to me and ask my advice. He gets pissed because I start doing a good job."

"You can watch every episode and you'll see his demeanor changes. He becomes more of a prick as the season moves on. Everybody's kissing Junior's ass left and right and I'm not gonna do that. Basically Junior's full of shit and it came out in this episode. Junior's biggest problem is he's an attention-whore and he didn't get the attention he wanted so he took it out on me and the reason why is I speak English. People would ask me to do things and he didn't like it. He became a big baby, always complaining. Dude, we're winning, so what is your big issue?"

I dunno, all I've seen thus far is Lew overplaying every 'hard ass coach' stereotype in the book while the fighters look at Junior in confusion. There's a fine line between helping and taking over. Do you think Rashad Evans was really the one doing the coaching or was it his 'assistant' Greg Jackson? But on camera it was all "You're the boss, Rashad." Coaches are used to being in charge, especially when it comes to guys they've trained. Maybe that had a little more to do with it than Junior's attention whore qualities...

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fightlinker/~3/rD49Q9i6wo0/junior-dos-santos-is-an-attention-whore

Mairbek Taisumov Nobuhiko Takada Yoshihiro Takayama Daiju Takase

No comments:

Post a Comment